The Cantelmi Family continues a tradition of personal care by investing back into the community. We are proud to offer a state-of-the-art crematory & cremation facility located at our funeral home in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania. Even though all funeral homes advertise cremation services throughout the Lehigh Valley, most people are surprised to learn that the cremation process itself is subcontracted to third parties. This will not happen when you call us in your time of need.
What does this mean to you?
Cantelmi offers exceptional support through the entire cremation process. In order to ensure the highest level of service, we have developed an easy-to-follow 10-Step Identification, Security and Control Cremation Process. We believe this process will provide your entire family peace of mind.
Our Lehigh Valley Crematory services Lehigh and Northampton Counties and all surrounding communities.
Please contact us with any questions, or to arrange a personal tour.
5-STEPS Prior to Cremation
1. Wrist identification band is placed on deceased at the place of removal.
2. Protective container is labeled when deceased is placed into refrigeration.
3. Deceased is logged into crematory logbook with date and time into placed refrigeration at our cremation facility in Bethlehem.
4. Personalized crematory checklist is dated, time punched, and signed when deceased is placed into refrigeration.
5. Metal identification coin showing personal file number is attached to the paperwork.
5-STEPS During and After Cremation
1. Deceased is removed from refrigeration unit located on -site and noted in crematory logbook. Log shows date and time of cremation and crematory operator’s initials.
2. Personalized crematory checklist is dated, time punched, and signed immediately before and immediately after the cremation takes place.
3. Personalized crematory checklist, metal identification coin, and wristband are placed on door of crematory chamber during the cremation process.
4. Personalized crematory checklist, metal identification coin, and wristband are placed on processing machine following cremation process.
5. Metal identification coin that shows personal file number and wristband from deceased is heat sealed plastic bag containing cremated remains.
Our crematorium in Bethlehem has unique guidelines regarding familial participation in the cremation process. We offer witness cremation as a service, allowing a small number of family members to watch the initial stages of the cremation process. We can accommodate families wishing to have a certain degree of participation in the cremation process . If you're interested in witnessing or partcipating in your loved one's cremation, please speak with one of our funeral professionals.
On-site, Private Crematory in Bethlehem, PA
Cremation Processing Area in our Bethlehem Funeral Home
Cremation Service Planning Center at our funeral home in Bethlehem serving the entire Lehigh Valley
We want you to know that no matter your reasons for choosing cremation, we're here to help you explore your options. When you're ready, Contact Us to set an appointment or simply drop by our office. You can also send us an email via our online contact us form.